Monday, June 1

Welfare, Jobs & Workforce Development Intern, Community Voices Heard

Grant Recipient: Class of 2011
Major: Sociology/Environmental Studies, IR Certificate
Organization: Community Voices Heard
Location: New York, NY

I am interning this summer at Community Voices Heard, an organization comprised of low-income individuals working to build power in New York City and State. My official title is Welfare and Workforce Development Organizing and Policy Intern. I split my time between community organizing and policy on the Welfare Campaign. Over the summer, I have coordinated mass mailings and call campaigns for several meetings and events. I have also participated in actions against city officials, made a trip up to Albany to flyer Republican senators and co-led member meetings. I love interning for CVH! My only complaint is that the summer is too short!