Monday, October 17

Research Intern, Plant Genomics Group, Yale University


Grant Recipient: Christopher Fragoso ‘12

Major: Biology, Integrative Genomic Sciences Certificate

Organization: Plant Genomics Group, Yale University

Location: New Haven, CT

This summer I have worked in Dr. Dellaporta's laboratory at Yale University. The lab is interested in applying genomics, the study of an organism's entire genetic code, towards plant breeding. Of special interest is meeting the challenges of climatic conditions and nutritional deficiencies present in certain parts of the world.

I had a great time working in this area of research, and this experience gave me great insight into applying to graduate school. I am thankful that the Wesleyan Summer Experience Grant, provided by the Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company, facilitated my summer internship.